No one chooses to be hungry. Many people who come to the Food Bank have exhausted every other resource. They depend on us and we depend on you. Your support makes our work possible. Together we can make a difference in the lives of struggling individuals, seniors and families with children.
The Snohomish Community Food Bank operates solely through the generosity of our donors. Whether the gifts come in the form of canned goods, fresh produce, bread, eggs, baby needs, pet food, checks or cash, they are all put to good use to benefit our families in need. Your generosity goes much further than you can imagine. If we are low on food, donated funds offer us significant purchasing power with our grocery partners to supplement our supply. With the economy taking a toll on many of our friends and neighbors, the numbers of families we serve has jumped dramatically in the past four years. We are so grateful for every gift that comes into the Food Bank and we thank you for your support! Your donation will begin helping people today. Click here to donate online.
In 2014 we were able to:
- Feed, on average, 260 families every week
- Provide 283 backpacks filled with school supplies for our students in grades K through 8
- Offer shuttle service to our clients who have no transportation
- Deliver groceries to clients who are homebound due to age and/or disability
- Give homeless high school students groceries for the weekend through our Food-2-Go program
- Distribute Pre-Pack Bags (homeless groceries) to our clients who don’t have access to regular cooking facilities
- Supply weekly Infant Bags of formula, cereal and diapers
- Provide meals to guests staying in the new Snohomish Cold Weather Shelter
- Deliver over 60,000 pounds of food to victims of the Oso mudslides and Eastern Washington wildfires
- Maintain and repair our trucks and appliances
The Snohomish Community Food Bank runs on the grace and energy of our volunteers. Over 130 people give their time every month to operate the building and services. We are open Monday through Saturday with volunteers maintaining all of the daily tasks. If you would like to be part of our team, please fill out a volunteer application and return it to the Director.