Your generous support and caring allowed us to help so many children in our community this Summer:
- Kids Café served 25,988 meals
- Book Café distributed thousands of books
- The Backpack Program equipped 283 students with supplies to learn and succeed this school year
We are so grateful for our volunteers and sponsors Tulalip Tribes and Bickford Motors. The success of helping children this Summer would not be possible without you.
Other notable Summer statistics:
- We provided 99 grocery deliveries to housebound clients through our Home Delivery Program
- 97 Take Out Bags (homeless groceries) were served to local residents who don’t have access to regular cooking facilities
Thank you Snohomish for allowing us to serve your community!
This year 300 children joined us to start the school year right. The Fireside Room bustled with activity while kids first picked out their own brand new backpack and then collected school supplies tailored specially for their grade and school. Smiles and laughter ruled the day.
A BIG thank-you to Kohl’s and Chris Dvorak, Windermere and Gayle Campbell, Snohomish Community Food Bank volunteers and Snohomish School District and Program Manager Sue Koch. Your generosity and dedication provided the first step for our kids to learn and succeed in the upcoming school year.
The Snohomish Community Food Bank is again a point of donations for the communities of East of the mountains. Financial donations will be used to purchased foods perishable in nature, as canned and dry goods are the most donated products. We are working with the Entiat Valley Community Services and Entiat Regional Health Clinic. You can send you check to P. O. Box 1364, Snohomish, WA 98291 or use PayPal through our website: www.snohomishfdbank.org. Make the check out to SCFB and note that the funds are for the “Wildfire Victims”.
Other requested contributions are: medical supplies, school clothing and supplies, toiletries, hygiene items (including shampoos, dental cleansers, feminine napkins, razors, diapers for adults, babies, and toddlers), and gas cards for people affected by Wildfires living in Chelan and Okanogan counties.
Click here for more information.
We are pleased to announce this year’s Backpack Program will be held onWith your support, every August we are able to provide over 300 brand new backpacks fully loaded with school supplies for the approaching school year. Snohomish School District students in need are invited for an afternoon of fun while they choose their perfect backpack.
Thursday August 21st, Noon – 3:15 pm
at the Parkway Fireside Room, 525 13th Street in Snohomish!
- If you would like to donate to this vital program that ensures every child is prepared to learn and succeed, a printable list of essential school supplies can be found here.
- If you prefer to donate online or send a check, just indicate “Backpack Program” as your designated fund.
- If you are a Food Bank client with children grades K through 8, be sure to stop by the Food Bank during regular food distribution hours beginning Tuesday July 22nd through Friday August 15th to sign-up!
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us again this summer at our Kids’ Café summer breakfast and lunch program. There is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Make sure you also keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café has partnered with the Kids’ Café to deliver free books for students to read throughout the summer. Both programs are free! Locations and times can be found here. Thank you to the Tulalip Tribes and Bickford Motors for helping fund these incredible programs.