Take a chance and roll the dice on Tuesday March 24th at the annual Sisters of Snohomish Bunko Fundraiser. All proceeds will benefit the Snohomish Community Food Bank. We hope you can join us for an evening of fun, frivolity and an opportunity to connect with the community!
When: Tuesday March 24th, 6:00pm
Where: The Snohomish Eagles FOE, 606 Maple Ave., Snohomish
Cost: $25.00, dinner and a chance to win a drawing is included
Please contact Gail Fagerlie 425-508-2842 or Bev Rogers 425-231-8588 for advance tickets
The Snohomish Community Food Bank would like to extend a special thank you to the community for helping us change the lives of our hungry neighbors in a meaningful way. Here is what you helped us accomplish in 2014:
- Feed, on average, 265 families each week; 13,828 total visits
- Collect 1,042,052 pounds of donations
- Distribute 1,526,761 pounds of food
- Provide 283 backpacks filled with school supplies for our students in grades K through 8
- Offer shuttle service to our clients who have no transportation
- Deliver groceries to clients who are homebound due to age and/or disability
- Give homeless high school students groceries for the weekend through our Food-2-Go program
- Distribute Take-Out-Bags (homeless groceries) to our clients who don’t have access to regular cooking facilities
- Supply weekly Infant Bags of formula, cereal and diapers
- Provide meals to guests staying in the new Snohomish Cold Weather Shelter
- Deliver over 60,000 pounds of food to victims of the Oso mudslide and Eastern Washington wildfires
- 24,471 hours were donated by our tireless volunteers
- Donate 22,404 Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels for Education to the Snohomish School District
- Maintain and repair our trucks and appliances
To everyone who donated, organized a food drive, contributed financially or gave your time as a volunteer, we are so grateful. We hope the success of this past year is an indication of what’s to come in 2015. All of us at SCFB thank you and look forward to your continuing support and generosity!
The Snohomish Cold Weather Shelter will be open Friday February 27th and Saturday February 28th. Temperatures are expected to drop below 32 degrees so we invite and encourage you to join us for a warm, safe place to stay!
Where: The Snohomish Evangelical Free Church, 210 Ave. B, Snohomish. Northside, center of the building.
When: Check-in time: 8:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Check-out time: 8:00 am.
Who: Men, women and children who have no other means of staying warm in freezing temperatures.
Pets: Pets will be crated by their owner during their stay.
Sign up with eScrip to increase the Snohomish Community Food Bank’s earnings. Plus, in the month of February, all new Snohomish Community Food Bank supporters will be entered in a drawing to win one of 5 $100 VISA gift cards. Shop locally at Bartell Drugs and Safeway or online at featured retailers such as Amazon, Kohl’s, iTunes, Home Depot and hundreds more. It only takes a few minutes and it’s free; get started right now at www.escrip.com/howitworks. Thank you for choosing the Snohomish Community Food Bank!